Registration and activation of EyeComTec software products
Registration and activation of EyeComTec software products
In order to complete the registration process, it’s required to fill in a short form, which contains contact information and reasons to use assistive technologies.
- The registration form for private users (non-commercial use). For people having a physical need for our products*
- The registration form for medical companies (commercial and non-commercial organizations: hospitals, rehabilitation centers and doctors)**
- The registration form for commercial customers from non-medical fields (involved in the processes of production, assembling, quality control and manufacturing)**
* The registration is not obligatory for private users, however, it’s still recommended.
** The registration is obligatory for any legal entities and commercial customers.
Attention! Free licenses for EyeComTec software products may be issued for customers with a real physical need of assistive technologies of this type (to get more information, please check the "Free license" section of the "License agreement" chapter). The more information is provided about a disease that caused full or partial loss of mobility, the higher the chances of getting approval and receiving a free license for EyeComTec products. All the information received from customers is thoroughly checked by our staff, thus all application forms with no information about the disease of the patient (C1 and C2) will be rejected.
The registration form contains several blocks with various questions:
- Information about the patient: the full name, an e-mail address, a phone number, a country and a city of residence;
- Information about an assistant or a caregiver of the patient: a full name, an e-mail address and a phone number;
- Information about the disease or situation that caused reduced mobility. It’s recommended to use the C2 field to provide some additional information (e.g. possible reasons of the disease, current state of the patient, chances for rehabilitation and so on);
- Additional information: the date of birth of the patient, sex, native language (if the patient knows any other language, it can be indicated in the D3 field);
- In this section the customer has to select one or several EyeComTec program products required for the patient;
- Feedback section. In case the customer had already used EyeComTec program products, he or she is offered the chance to evaluate their usability. The customer can also indicate how they first heard about the EyeComTec Company, as well as provide us with any other information that is considered important according to the user.
It’s recommended to fill in all the fields of the form.
After submitting all the information into the registration form and providing all required data, the customer will receive a verification request to the e-mail address that was indicated on the registration form.
Attention! It’s required to confirm this verification request; otherwise the registration process will be stopped.
After completing the verification process, the EyeComTec staff will check the completeness and accuracy of the provided information. After that, the customer will receive a serial number for the required software to the e-mail address that was indicated on the registration form.
Serial number activation and key obtaining
It’s required to activate the received serial number. In order to do that, the user has to follow the following link: https://eyecomtec.com/25-Activation
A page with the activation form will be opened. The user has to indicate:
- User Name – the full name of the user (this name can be different than the name of the serial number owner);
- User E-Mail – an email address, which will be used to link the license;
- Serial Number – the serial number that was received by the e-mail address indicated during the registration process;
- Hardware ID – a hardware code, which can be obtained directly in the program.
Attention! It’s really important to indicate a correct and working main e-mail address, because all technical support will be provided exclusively to this address. We kindly recommend you to check all the provided information. Mistakes in the e-mail address can be changed only once and such a change will be considered as a hardware change (in order to get more information, please check the "License hardware linking" section).
Attention! In case an expected email from EyeComTec hasn’t arrived within a reasonable period of time (usually up to 48 hours), it is recommended that users check their "Spam" folder, as the email might have been directed there in error.
Attention! Only Latin symbols can be used in order to fill this form in (A...Z, a...z)! All non-Latin symbols will be automatically filtered. E.g. the user has to write "Strasse" instead of "Straße", or "Michele" instead of "Michèle" and so on.
In versions of programs that were published starting from July 2016, the hardware code can be found in the About window, within the Hardware ID section.
Attention! The user has to check the hardware code by launching the program only on the very same computer and hard disk partition where the user is going to launch the program in future. If the user performs the activation on one computer, but wants to work on another, all program copies will work as non-registered applications and won’t be considered as properly licensed software!
After filling in all the fields of the activation form, the user has to press the button to submit the information. A new page with a key code will appear. An email containing this code will also be sent to the e-mail address that was indicated during the registration process. The user has to copy this code and save it to the folder of the program. The name of the key file has to be the same as the name of the main file of the program with the .key extension (e.g. the key for the ECTkeyboard application has to be saved as ECTkeyboard.key).
In versions of programs that were published starting from July 2016, the user has a more convenient way of key adding. The user can just copy the key code (including the following symbols " === "), paste it into a text field of the About window and press OK. The program will automatically save the key file in its folder. After that, the user has to restart the program.
Attention! If there is an old key in the program folder, it’s going to be removed and replaced with the new one. A copy of the old key will be saved as a backup file with the .bak extension. The name of this file will contain the name of the program and the date and time of saving in the YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS format (e.g. ECTkeyboard.key_20160615-130722.bak).
The registration of the user and program activation processes are considered as completed at this stage.
License hardware linking
A free license for a program is valid for 1 year from the moment of activation. The user has the possibility of re-activating the license in case of a hardware or hard disk failure. Such re-activation can be done only once. To do that, the user has to contact the technical support of the EyeComTec Company, indicating the reason of the required license re-activation. The user can also contact technical support in order to change mistakes in the e-mail address that was indicated during the activation of the program, however, in that case the user won’t be able to re-activate the program in case of a hardware failure. In both cases, such requests will be processed by the company’s staff on a first-come first-served basis.
In case the user is trying to activate one serial number on a different computer, an error window is going to be shown.
The EyeComTec Company issues various types of software licenses. Depending on the license type, there can be the following options of the software use:
- A license is linked to the serial number of the C: partition of a hard disk, the processor identification number, the computer name and the user name. This license has the strictest type of license hardware linking. It doesn’t support the transfer of the program not only to any other computer, but even to a different partition of a hard disk. This type of license is offered for all patients who have a real physical need for EyeComTec assistive technologies.
- A license is linked to the serial number of a hard disk and the processor identification number. This license type allows the user to transfer the program to any partition of the hard disk in the boundaries of only one computer.
- A license is linked to the serial number of the storage device that was used during activation process. This option allows the user to link a program to a portable storage device and use it on various computers.
- A partner license. In that case, the license is not linked to any computer parameters. Such programs will be considered and work as properly licensed on any equipment. There’s no need to re-activate it. EyeComTec issues this type of license only for partners who are responsible for the safety of the license key and can guarantee impossibility of its compromising.