MyTobii Eye Control Systems
MyTobii Eye Control Systems Review
- Name of the technology: MyTobii Eye Control Systems
- Link: http://www.spectronicsinoz.com/catalogue/mytobii-eye-control-systems
- Price: NA
- Popularity: In 2008, Tobii won the Grand Award of Design for its eye-controlled screens. In 2010, Tobii won the SIME Grand Prize for having the most innovative technology concept. In 2011, Tobii Glasses won the red dot design award, an international product design competition and later the same year, Tobii won the Bully Award. In 2012, Tobii took home the award for best prototype at the consumer technology tradeshow 2012 CES and Laptop Magazine named Tobii the winner in its best new technology category.
- Minimal physical requirements: The patient has to be able to move his eyes freely.
MyTobii is the latest option available in eye control of computing and communication systems!
Eye control enables users with significant physical disabilities to communicate, interact and to control computer functions using only their eyes. This brings new opportunities and improved quality of life for users who previously relied on slow and cumbersome alternatives for their communication and computing, such as manual scanning systems or head-mounted pointing devices.
The MyTobii includes custom designed software applications for email, document editing and web browsing. There are even eye-controlled games! Use the inbuilt wireless connectivity supported by Windows for cable-free Internet and email access driven by eye movements. (With MyTobii, it also is possible to control the mouse pointer with the eyes to access any Windows application, although this will always be more cumbersome than using the MyTobii Direct Control.)
What is Tobii Eye Control?
- Imagine your computer as a much more intelligent communication partner
- Knowing exactly where you look
- Knowing what you want to see
Eye control can be used as the sole interaction technique, but works even better when combined with keyboard and/or voice.
Using a concept uniquely developed by Tobii, it is now possible to completely replace the mouse with your eyes – providing a more productive and relaxing user experience for us all, or solving particular problems such as removing mouse arm syndrome for millions of users.
Benefits of Tobii Eye Control
- Eye point and click on objects
- Automatic panning and zooming
- Lightning fast switch between views
- Prioritise information based on attention
- Faster interaction
- Intelligent interfaces
- Touch free control
- No mouse strain injuries