- Name of the technology: LightIO
- Link: http://www.lightio.com/
- Price: $129.99
- Minimal physical requirements: The patient has to be able to move his hands freely.
- Product Dimensions: 9.6 x 4.9 x 0.4 inches ; 7 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- Interface: USB 2.0. NO software install, work with Windows, Mac, and Linux
Brief Summary of Benefits:
- Avoid force and hurting on fingers
- Reduce pressure on wrists and carpal tunnel
- Supprt variable postures to reduce stress and to avoid RSI
- Save fingers from work and losing cartilage in your joints for the long run
- Faster typing speed than push-key keyboard
- Support both one-handed typing and two-handed typing to avoid body stress and over use
This new and unique Ergonomic Touchless Keyboard replaces push-button keys with optical sensors to avoid the forces on fingers. It is ergonomically designed to protect health and enhance performance. Used properly, it can avoid most, if not all, keyboarding related pains and repetitive strain injuries and also improve productivity for computer users.
It's best for people with arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, or other body conditions and injuries to resume productivity without pain. It's also good for people who want to increase their typing speed and be easy on their fingers, hands, wrists, and shoulders.