ECTkeyboard - New About window
New "About" window
When launching a non-activated copy of EyeComTec programs (ECTcamera, ECTtracker, ECTkeyboard, ECTmouse, ECTlistener and ECTmorse), the user will see the About window, which contains additional blocks of information (see fig. 12).
On the image above, various information blocks are marked with numbers:
- The number and the date of the release, the company's website address. For activated versions, this block also includes an e-mail address of the user registered to this copy of the program.
- The About section, which contains the information about the EyeComTec Company.
- The Licensing section, which indicates the license type of the current copy of the program (paid commercial or free non-commercial license);
- The Updates section, which shows if there's an updated version of the program on the developer's website);
- The Hardware ID section, which indicates the hardware code of the computer used to launch the program.
The appearance of the About window is different for paid commercial programs (Pro version) and free versions for non-commercial use (see fig. 13).
The user will see the main window of the program after pressing the OK button and closing the About window in a program with the free type of the license. The non-activated version of the program with a commercial license will not be launched until the user purchases (or prolongs if the license expired) a license and creates a new key file in the program's folder.
All the programs with free licenses are intended for people with a real physical need for assistive technologies from the EyeComTec Company. The registration process is not compulsory in such cases, but the company kindly recommends that our customers do register in order to gain the full benefits e.g. updates and customer support. Free versions of our software products can also be used by non-commercial and charitable organizations. These organizations must register for a licence.
Registration on the company's website and the following activation of the program are compulsory for Pro versions of software.
After completing the activation, the About window will not be shown during every launch of the program. The user can open it by using the About menu item, or by pressing the F1 hot key (see fig. 14). There is sometimes a short delay when opening the About window, as every time it is opened, the program will check for updates on the EyeComTec website.