SmartNAV 3 Head Pointer
SmartNAV 3 Head Pointer Review
- Name of the technology: SmartNAV 3 Head Pointer
- Link: http://www.spectronicsinoz.com/product/24271
- Price: NA
- Popularity: NA
- Minimal physical requirements: Quadriplegic Poor motor control of arms/legs but good neck and head control.
The smartNAV3 head pointer can be used to control the pointer by moving your head. It is ideal for anyone who is paralysed below the neck, or who has good control of their head but poor motor control.
The smartNAV3 head pointer allows hands-free use of a computer. A unit usually mounted on the monitor picks up head movement, and moves the pointer on the screen to reflect this. The buttons can be used with either separate switches (which are sold separately), or by using Dwell, which means the mouse button is clicked if you wait in one place for a specified length of time.
The Dwell software comes with an on-screen keyboard, and a switch interface is also provided.The Dwell software comes with an on-screen keyboard, and a switch interface is also provided.
smartNAV3 is not suitable for everyone, as you need to have good head control and strong neck muscles to use it.
Hardware and software requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
- Connectivity: USB
- Software Required/included: Dwell and onscreen keyboard software included