Effective and affordable solutions for augmentative and alternative communication that are immediately available
Usually, loss of mobility in patients is never planned and can happen suddenly. It can be caused by strokes, accidents, and injuries. The faster you start treatment and rehabilitation, the better the results that can be achieved for each affected person. It is equally important for patients to have the possibility to communicate with medical and support staff. Assistant Communication technologies are in high demand these days.
After purchasing of a classic eye-tracking complex, the user can have a host of problems such as:
- Selection of the equipment, which optimally fits the needs of the patient in their physical state, can take up precious time.
- Some additional time is also required for the co-ordination of complex configuration, paperwork, and payment, as well as shipping and handling procedures from the stock.
- After placement of an order of the eye-tracking equipment, the user has to wait for delivery. Such complex and expensive equipment can be easily damaged during transportation. It can also be held by local customs due to incorrect supporting documents or other organizational problems.
- Frequently, customers who use eye-tracking complexes have to use them in the language of the country of its origin, because it may not have the localization needed by a client. Some expert reconfiguration of hardware equipment might be required when possible (however, labels on physical buttons can’t be translated with just a firmware update).
As a result, the patient has to remain without any possibility to communicate, from couple of days to several weeks. They can use other options and pay a human assistant for help during that waiting period. This is why it’s preferable to have complete software communication solutions in the vast majority of cases.
All products, which are developed by EyeComTec, are complete software solutions. It allows us to provide immediate availability for customers in any part of the world. In order to start the operation of our assistant technology software, the user only needs to download several light applications (the size of each application is no bigger than 3 megabytes) and configure them in accordance with the physical abilities of the patient. Thus, the patient will be able to communicate with others in just a couple of hours!
Complete software solutions have some other advantages in comparison with hardware solutions:
- They provide stable work during the entire period of use. Despite stability in work, hardware systems can become obsolete, fail, or require replacement of expensive components. Therefore, the patient will need to wait for delivery of new parts and repair works, which can also be very costly. Unlike hardware systems, programs don’t become obsolete. In case of any failure of the computer or application in use, the user can simply download and re-install the program.
- Software solutions are easier and are quick to update in case of significant modification by the developer, implementation of new features, or bug-fixes.
- By using complete software solutions, the user can keep all their settings on an external storage device, which can be used in case of PC failure or upgrade.
- Unlike hardware systems, programs do not require regular periodical maintenance.